Based on a patented DARPA approved acoustic sensor network solution that detects the presence of gunfire and instantly and automatically locates the source and transmits a shooter location alert to systems that can cue cameras, inform responders and warn the public.
The system sensors self-organize to better understand the bigger picture and provide a result that can be trusted and is more reliable than each individual solution. This technology saves lives and reduces damage by providing responders with the critical information they need to accelerate tactical response, neutralize threats and to get EMS care to victims.
The system can aid in prosecution of criminals using guns in the streets, and can mitigate large catastrophes by triggering automated evacuations or lockdown protocols. The system is suitable for both indoor and outdoor deployments, with a variety of sensors that can be mounted on walls, ceilings or integrated into outdoor lighting. This flexibility makes this system ideal for schools and other large, mixed structure environments.
The system is comprised of a series of components working autonomously to detect, isolate, analyze and report gunshots. The system utilizes:
• Individual Sensor Nodes: Each individual sensing node is a four-channel microphone array that continuously measure the environment for both muzzle blast and bullet shockwave signatures and reports detection parameters to a centralized fusion processor.
• Networked Performance: When detection reports from multiple sensor nodes are received the fusion processor evaluates the data incorporating geometry of the reporting sensors and analyzing the entire event from varying perspectives. This is the patented, multi-source sensor fusion method.
• Proprietary Software: Each node reports time-stamped detections to our proprietary sensor fusion software. The software is typically hosted in the cloud but can be installed on a small single board computer like the one pictured below. This fusion module combines detection reports from a group of sensor nodes and resolves the location of the source. In outdoor installations, the fusion module detects and analyzes shock waves to determine bullet trajectory.
• Simplified Installation: Our sensors were designed to dramatically reduce the effort and expense often associated with the installation of advanced monitoring and security systems. The units can be installed by existing security installation professionals, without the need for extensive training on the platform. Indoor systems mount similar to smoke detectors with a rotating mounting plate that allows for optimal orientation of the sensors, with sensors placed in a manner to best maximize coverage. Each node plugs into a standard Ethernet cable for power and data.
• Flexible Form Factor: Our proprietary design requires very little physical space. All circuitry is mounted on a small board that can be incorporated into many other existing hardware platforms including lighting fixtures. In fact, the Company is now working with several well-known exterior lighting manufacturers to incorporate our sensors into their commercial lighting solutions. Our systems are ideally suited for such applications, as all key components have additional weatherproofing, and were designed for optional wireless connectivity as needed.
Copyright © 2009-2020 CleanArc Power - All Rights Reserved.